Sunday, March 22, 2015

Weird Stuff My Camera App Does

So I've been using a camera app called Camera MX for quite a while, on my phone and tablets. I like its functionality the best of all the camera apps I've tried, but there's a button on the screen marked "FX". I never touched that one, until out of curiosity, I did. Turns out that the app does all kinds of crazy things: various filters, mirrored images, and even kaleidoscope settings.

Here's a normal-looking selfie that I took for reference, and then a bunch of photos from the same perspective, taken using the odd filters and stuff. The one with my head thirteen times strikes me as...well, it's kinda creepy. Like a horror comic book with a Jack Kirby cover.














3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

The Daughter has been doing that sort of thing on The Wife's Apple thingy.

fillyjonk said...

I rather like the one that looks like a pencil drawing.

Jason said...

The stock, unaltered photo is quite nice. The negative-effect one looks like you just got zapped with some Unknown Energy in an episode of Classic Star Trek. :D