Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Should the dead guy be blinking? (a writing update)

When they were filming From Russia With Love back in 1962, there was a scene the producers really liked. But they had to cut the scene because, when they screened the film for friends and family, the director's 12-year-old kid pointed to a character in the scene and said, "Hey, didn't that guy die in the last scene?"

Oops.

So I don't feel too bad that one of my trusty beta-readers for Princesses Back In SPACE!!! (not the actual title) found an instance of a character I had very clearly rendered incapacitated turning up very much capacitated fifty pages later. Hey, it happens. Easy fix, but still -- yeesh!

In other news, I'm back to work on Lighthouse Boy, and I think I may have figured out the way through the plot difficulty that had been vexing me for some time on that book. We'll see.

As for Princesses I and its release later this year, well...nothing new to report there. I plan to make that my major focus come summertime. I may even launch a new website for myself...hmmmm....

Onward and upward! Zap! Pow!

No comments: