Wednesday, October 03, 2012

A Random Wednesday Conversation Starter

Of the teevee shows you watch these days, how many of them do you actually watch on the teevee in their actual timeslot on whatever network carries them, as opposed to DVRing or Hulu-ing or On Demanding or downloading?

UPDATE: Speaking of teevee...as this post went live, the first Presidential debate was starting up. If you're looking for alternate viewing, go to the next post down (or just scroll to it, if you're on the main page) and watch me getting hit with pies, if you haven't watched the latest one yet. It's good! Trust me! At least it's gotta be more fun than watching Romney talk.

7 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

I actually sat down and watched ELEMENTARY in its broadcast timeslot. I'll probably do that again this Thursday and maybe again until I decide if it's worth the bandwidth to download or give up on it entirely. Before that the last thing I watched as it aired was the opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympics. Other than that everything I watch comes via the internet.

Aaron Johnson said...

I haven't watched a show in it's time slot in probably ten years. We've never had a DVR, and the last time we were recording anything I think Futurama was still on in it's first run. Before Netflix streaming, and Hulu we would just wait until they came out on DVD.

Kal said...

I am ruined for any kind of regular watching schedule. I can only watch the shows from my download list. I like that I can watch several saved up episodes at a time.

Like MD the Olympics I watched in real time and the future debate between Jon Stewart and Bill O'Rielly is a good reason to add to my appointment book.

There are some days that I know the show is firt airing but that is as close as I get to routine airings.

Lynn said...

We DVR most of our regular favorites - Castle, BBT, Person of Interest, Copper, several shows on SyFy - because most of them are on at the same time as football. And we often DVR movies so we can fast forward through the commercials. When we're not watching football or something we recorded we just "surf" to see what's on and will watch something while it's actually on, usually on the History Channel, Discovery Channel, Science Channel or BBC America.

Michael May said...

None. It's all TiVo and Netflix for us.

Call me Paul said...

Our schedule is so irregular that it's almost impossible for us to consistently watch a TV show every week. We've recently acquired a PVR, so that's cool. We also buy DVD season sets of shows we like.

Roger Owen Green said...

The Super Bowl. Usually. Can't watch the news - too depressing.