Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Burst of Weird and Awesome!!!

Oddities and Awesome abound!!!

:: We all know that Aaron Sorkin's scripts are basically the same script with the names and settings filed off and replaced with new ones, so it stands to reason that his commencement speeches should be like that, too. Aaron Sorkin is the James Horner of the written word.

:: Apparently Russian teenagers like to climb things, so they can take pictures of...themselves climbing things.



This is a new fad over there called 'Skywalking' (!), and it involves teenagers with cameras. And no safety gear. You're probably thinking, "Well, this is obviously going to wind up with some kid plummeting to his death", and I wouldn't bet against you on that score. I'll say this: it does end up producing some very nifty photos...


...and some white-knuckle inducing video.



I have very little fear of heights, myself, and I would cheerfully climb just about anything I needed to...but with a harness and ropes and chains rated for 1000 pounds.

That's all for now...more next week! Stay weird, Internet!

No comments: