Saturday, December 10, 2011

Your Daily Dose of Christmas

I don't care if the eyes are creepily unreal; I like the movie The Polar Express. Part of it is the music, by stalwart composer Alan Silvestri. Silvestri is not a great composer, by any means, but he is a very solid and professional one, with a fine gift for melody and clear orchestral writing. He was really the ideal composer for a project like The Polar Express. (He also tends to be the composer-of-choice for director Robert Zemeckis.) Here is Silvestri's Suite from the film.


3 comments:

Ben Varkentine said...

Oh, dear dear dear, I knew this newfound blog/friendship would not last...

(To be fair, I haven't seen the movie. I wouldn't see it for all the tea in China, as they say.)

Kelly Sedinger said...

Wow! Of all the movies to cause someone to run screaming from my blog, I must confess that I never thought it would be The Polar Express!

Call me Paul said...

There's another one I've never seen. I guess I got old and curmudgeonly too early.