Monday, September 12, 2011

Sentential Links #260

Linkage!

:: If you do Niagara Falls, you HAVE to do the Maid of the Mist. I think it's the law; maybe it's in the Constitution. (I've never done the Maid of the Mist! Oh noes!)

:: “Governor, what myth does the Superman story retell? I’ll give you a hint: his adopted human parents also had the initials J and M.”

:: It's not the jeans or tee shirt that bothers me, it's the terrible execution with which Superman is drawn. It's unpleasant to look at.

:: This is a really great comic in all respects, except that the Blue Jeans Superman costume is stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. Every time I see it in a panel I am reminded that I am reading a Superman comic where Superman is dressed like a dork. (Ooooh, dueling impressions of the same comic book! Cool!)

:: Now, I'm a single guy -- I know, I know, "You're single? A guy who spends a lot of his time writing about Funky Winkerbean? We are thoroughly shocked!" -- but even I know that maybe, just maybe, you shouldn't preface your marriage proposal by continuing to talk constantly about your dead first wife. (I am such a sucker for Funky Winkerbean mockery!)

:: Wonder Woman vs Sea Monsters is an entirely appropriate ascendant sign for me. If there was anything that combated my interest in exciting adventure fiction as a kid, it was pretty, strong-willed girls. Other than the girls becoming women, not much has changed since then.

:: Strange. The things that remain.

More next week!

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

I am shocked, SHOCKED! ;-)