Saturday, May 28, 2011

Saturday Centus

OK, so I messed up last week -- but I went ahead and did it anyway, because who's gonna stop me? That's what I thought. Heh!

And now, on to this week's prompt. Obviously the prompt was inspired by the upcoming Memorial Day, but I guess I had food on the mind:

Alright, listen up, folks. Sign says "The Legacy of Heroes". Sign says that because I made it. Hung it myself a week before I opened the place. Because they're called "heroes". That's what they are. You want one, you gotta call 'em that.

So stop comin' in here and askin' for your Hoagies 'cause you ain't getting' one. No po-boys either, got it? I ain't servin' no subs, no Wedges, no Blimpies and no Bombers. The only Grinder you'll see here is the one I use to make sausage. I make Heroes. Get it right.

'Kay? 'Kay.

So. Whaddaya have?

12 comments:

Kelly Sedinger said...

Actually, here in Buffalo Niagara, they're subs. Unless it has meatballs, in which case you might call it a bomber. But maybe not.

Dazee Dreamer said...

hahahaha. great, great job. I love how you think.

Ames said...

That's cute!~Ames

Unknown said...

Super .... super ... super!! Make mine "the works" ...

jfb57 said...

Coming from the UK I have no idea what food you are talking about so we have a different name for them too!

Susan Anderson said...

What fun this one is!

=)

Lynn said...

I guess this Philly girl's gonna be hungry cause they'll be hoagies till the day I die:@)

gautami tripathy said...

Good one!

jingling chains

Nonna said...

LOL Great job...make mine a Bomber with onions, green peppers and a ton of cheese on top !!!

Keda said...

cute and very original.

Sorry, Mr Grinder Sir!

cj Schlottman said...

No Po-Boys? Really? I love this post! Another good one from you.

Namaste..........cj

Jenny said...

Well. How about a grinder then?

I think that's what we used to call them back in the day.

Sadly, I often only dream of heroes now...gluten free pretty much negates my dream of one...no matter what you call it.

You are really a gem.

I love your writing.