Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday Burst of Weird and AWESOME!

Oddities and Awesome abound!

:: Chris Sims answers an eternal question (that's only been an eternal question for a few years): If Harry Potter battled Batman, who would win? I wouldn't dream of giving away Mr. Sims's answer, but I tend to agree. I do disagree with him on the extent to which Harry Potter is a passive hero in the books. It's true that he doesn't take the bull by the horns as much as one might expect -- especially in the early books -- but I think it all fits together with the series's entire thrust that no matter how good one is, you just can't do it alone.

(I'd also note that I'm not the biggest Batman fan in the world. I've liked most of the movies, but I was never really able to get into Batman in the comics. I know, I know, The Dark Knight Returns is one of the greatest of all comics and all that, but I just didn't care for it -- and I will never be able to accept Batman defeating Superman. I just can't get there in my head.)

:: I don't know why I never thought of it, but what if, in Pac-man, when you exited the maze via one of the tunnels, instead of appearing on the other side of the maze, you appeared in a completely new maze? Warning: this thing is addictive, and some of the mazes are diabolical.

:: Trace some of the world's great historical (and a few fictional) journeys and voyages. Fascinating stuff, although I'd hoped for more detail.

More next week!

No comments: