Sunday, January 02, 2011

Shoulder high....

Almost a month ago, I lamented the fact that one of my favorite blogs, Mental Multivitamin, had gone behind "closed doors" by switching to an open-to-invited-readers-only status. Today, M-Mv is back, and I'm happy for that...but now I've got a pretty good idea as to what the reason was for Mrs. M-Mv's temporary pulling in of her cyber-welcoming mat. The tone of this post, coupled with the tone of this one, makes things regrettably, awfully, and soul-searingly clear.

I would like so very much to be wrong in my supposition, but when she writes this:

Life, though not as we knew it, does go on, although for a while there, I would not have been able to tell you how. And now all I can say is that it just does.


Well...I just don't think I'm wrong. Thus, as one who has seen a son go before me into the good night, I can only say, I am so, so sorry, and that I wish Mrs. M-Mv and her family peace, such as they may find.

The Road goes ever on and on
Out from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
Let others follow it who can!
Let them a journey new begin,
But I at last with weary feet
Will turn towards the lighted inn,
My evening-rest and sleep to meet.


--JRRT

1 comment:

Mental multivitamin said...

You are not wrong -- oh, how I wish you were. We miss our son fiercely but have found much comfort in the kind words of others. So many, many thanks for your post.

My family wishes yours peace and health in the new year.