Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Centus

I'm kinda late with this, but no matter. Here are the details, and the prompt appears in bold in the story. I went ahead and did SF again. Sue me!

Agent RO-9 shone her light around the cavernous space they’d just unearthed. “What is this place?”

“A storage facility,” Agent ZX-3 replied.

“For what?” She moved a pile of rugs and found an enormous box beneath, which she opened. “Look here!” She lifted the stack of letters from the ancient chest.

“Letters?”

“All twenty-six,” RO-9 said. “Numbers too.” She held up a giant numeral 7. “Weird, eh?”

ZX-3 only shrugged. He was looking at something green he’d found in a metal trash can.

“Grouchy,” RO-9 said, and began studying something that looked like a very yellow, big bird.


I hope this one's not too obscure....

(Oh, by the way, the actor I was hearing in my mind last week? Dennis Franz.)

16 comments:

Kat said...

Ha ha ha ha! This was great! I love your take on "letters". The Sesame Street graveyard I take it? This was very, very clever. Kat

elysabeth said...

Definitely a much different direction - Poor Grouchy and Big Bird - lol. Great sense of humor - E :)

-------------
Elysabeth Eldering
Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad, 50-state, mystery, trivia series

Where will the adventure take you next?

http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
http://jgdsseries.weebly.com

Susan Anderson said...

Okay, THIS is CLEVER.

Great job.

=)

Viki said...

LOL, good job on your centus. You can do as much SciFi as you want ;-)
Some of us might even learn to like SciFi, ha.

Judie said...

Hahaha!!! It's GREAT!! GREAT!! You mande me shoot diet coke out my nose!
What a clever person you are!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I love the Sesame Street references. Good thing they didn't fall over the Snuffulufugus.
xoRobyn

Ames said...

I had an inkling this was about Sesame Street but wasn't 100% sure until I read some of the comments. Very good!~Ames

Tina said...

Snort. That. Was awesome! I'm thinking most of us thought of letters as pieces of correspondence, but you took that word in another direction! Nicely done. I read your comments policy, and I'm just so annoyed that something like that has to be written in the first place. I mean, c'mon, it's like the "employees must wash hands". Where did manners disappear to? Common courtesy? Integrity? Sigh. That's all you're asking for. Baffles me that people would not already know that...I guess thoughtful parenting has gone out the window, too. All I know is I like how you think, and I'll be back. And about the overalls? LOVE 'em. Everyone needs a signature style.

CB said...

I thought that was great! I thought the Sci-fi was fun last week and it's nice to see you work sci fi in with this prompt! Absolutely LOVE the Sesame Street twist! Ha Ha

CB said...

I thought that was great! I thought the Sci-fi was fun last week and it's nice to see you work sci fi in with this prompt! Absolutely LOVE the Sesame Street twist! Ha Ha

Jo said...

OMG this one was hilarious! what a creative take on the prompt!!!

21 Wits said...

I'm still laughing...great take on the prompt....very funny stuff, sweet and to the point!

cj Schlottman said...

Very clever and well written, to boot! Love the way you used the letters!

Thanks..........cj

Maria said...

Intriguing and original. Nice!

Jenny said...

How you can make sci-fi believable is totally beyond me.

I love how this twisted current days into futuristic times in a believable gem of a story.

Wow.

Nonna said...

Fabulous take on the prompt !!!