Wednesday, January 05, 2011

A Random Wednesday Conversation Starter

The day before yesterday, this blog crossed 600,000 hits, according to SiteMeter. That's a pittance for some, but a nicely big number for me, and since this blog has been around for almost nine years, that means that I've had a little less than 66,666 hits a year. Cool! So, thanks for looking in, all you regular readers!

So, if you're a regular reader, how did you find this blog? And what on Earth keeps you coming back?

UPDATE: Thanks for all the complements, everyone! I'd actually meant that last question as a MAD Magazine type of rhetorical thing, as if, "What kind of dope reads a publication like this?!", and not actually a "fishing for complements" query, but hey, I'll take the complements. Just as long as none of you say, "Hmmmm, he's right. What on Earth does keep me coming back? Time to delete that dummy from my bookmarks!!!"

11 comments:

Kal said...

I found you through the legendary Samurai Frog and I return because what your write, you write so well. I can see the love and I am nothing if not about the love. You are on my list of blogger that deserve a wider audience in 2011. You are a full meal while I am a McNugget sampler and people need each at times.

Kaye Waller said...

I found you via Lynn Sislo's blog, Violins & Starships (but I think it had a different name back then). That was a long time ago!

Roger Owen Green said...

I have no idea how I found you. well, I DO know that I was going through the links on my friend Fred Hembeck's blog, and you must have commented on one one of them, but I no longer remember whose.

as for why I come back, that retainer you send me every week... I kid! it's because you are interesting and thoughtful and appreciate anniversaries and you're from upstate, dammit!

Mary said...

I'm pretty sure this is one of the first blogs I started reading six or seven years ago, following a link from Making Light's sidebar.

Why do I keep reading -- likeable narrative voice -- likeable narrator. :-) Honestly, that's the reason.

Glenn Whidden said...

Yeah, I found your blog through Lynn's blog also. I hung around because you seem like a nice guy who can put words together well.

popeyemoon said...

Pharyngula

Kerry said...

I like that we share common experiences from way back and now, 20 years later, through our writing.

Andy said...

600,000 hits!?!?!?!? You know what calls for!?!?!?! KEGGER!!!!! You get the cups and I think I can find a tap!!! WOO HOO!!!!http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_e7BoqTba9sw/TNSF-NIyCNI/AAAAAAAACco/j5HdDn2Nyxo/s1600/homer.jpg

Jason said...

Hm. I honestly don't recall how I first stumbled across Byzantium's Shores. I almost certainly followed a link from a comment on someone else's blog, but the specifics are long gone now. I found the host intelligent, convivial, and sharing many of my same interests, so I stuck around.

Lynn said...

I can't remember. I found you shortly after I started my first blog. And why do I keep coming back? It started with shared interests I guess then it got to be a habit; now it's like visiting a friend. Of course I'm going to keep coming back.

Doug said...

I was Googling info on Arthurian Literature and found The Promised King then found Byzantium's Shores and I keep coming back to read more.