Elen sila lumenn omentielvo!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

ROWR!

Well, I haven't done one of these in...well, forever. But since I'm in a bit of a slow period for blogging, maybe some photos of talented and beautiful women are called for. So here's one of my favorite actresses, Lisa Edelstein (currently of House.









Edelstein has been on my radar since she appeared in a brief scene in the film As Good As It Gets, and my favorable impression was confirmed when she appeared in the first season of The West Wing as Laurie, a woman Sam Seaborn meets in the pilot who turns out to be a call girl who is using that job to put herself through law school. I really wish Aaron Sorkin had brought her back at some point over the next few years.

Of course, Lisa Edelstein's banter and oft-antagonistic relationship with Hugh Laurie on House partially defines that show -- even if the two characters are finally doing something about all that sexual chemistry that often rages between them. But I'm really behind on this season of House, so I'm not sure what's going on in that regard.

Anyway, I love Lisa Edelstein!

5 comments:

Kal said...

I actually am enjoying HOUSE this year because of how unpredictable the relationship between House and Cuddy has been. I won't spoil it for you but for once House is not being allowed to wreckj his relationships by his self destructive actions. I am totally enjoying seeing him off balance.

Roger Owen Green said...

well I like Lisa, but I'm not a House watcher - I tried, years ago

M. D. Jackson said...

Interesting fact: In her brief scene in AS GOOD AS IT GETS Edelstein plays a customer at the restaurant and she is sitting with actor Peter Jacobson who is currently playing Peter Taub, one of the doctors on House's team.

I'm not a fan of the relationship myself. I'm afraid it will blunt House's sharp edges. Serious relationships tend to do that. I know.

Jaquandor said...

M.D.: Wow, you're right! I never realized that until you said so just now, but playing the scene over in my head, there he is, clear as day!

redsneakz said...

Only rarely (like in X-Files) do the writers allow sexual/romantic tension to simmer between two characters before giving in to getting them together. House and Cuddy are both sufficiently willful characters to make their relationship interesting indeed.