Monday, January 28, 2008

Sentential Links #126

Links, links, links, linx....

:: All in all, a disappointment from a man who promised real and significant change on Day One. Perhaps he meant Day One of Year Three?

:: First of all, Dad’s doing better, to the extent that timetables are being considered for him to return home. (Good news, indeed, and glad to see that Red's getting back in the saddle.)

:: Truth is, when wingnuts see 'Soros' they think 'Blofeld'.

:: Food that is high in fats and starches is cheaper than food that isn't. (This is all you need to know when confronted by someone who opines that we shouldn't feel bad for poor people because they have a greater incidence of obesity.

:: I think it's the most human thing anyone has ever said to me. I was utterly slain by it.

:: These days, post-Pirates, I'm fully recovered from my adolescent insecurity and Johnny Depp now holds a high position on my short-list of favorite actors.

:: With Ledger’s passing, I’m reminded of Britney Spears’s situation and what appears to be her inexorable path to oblivion.

:: I am, as they say, incorrigible. (I should be so incorrigible!)

:: Rare is the performance that can honestly be called a "revelation," but that's what it felt like to watch Heath Ledger in "Brokeback Mountain." (I really need to see that movie. I have only seen Ledger in The Patriot, which I didn't like, and A Knight's Tale, which I did. I liked Ledger in both films.)

We'll return next week. Tip your waitress.

No comments: