Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday Burst of Weirdness

As has been the case with much of December, I didn't have a whole lot of time to noodle about the Web seeking weirdness outright, but I did happen upon a couple of items.

:: I think I have now discovered the ultimate product for people who are inherently lazy when it comes to working in the kitchen. If you don't want to make pancakes from scratch, there's always been the tried-and-true "complete pancake mixes" like Aunt Jemima. But now, you don't even have to do that! Behold the Batter Blaster. Words fail me. (I can't remember where I saw this, so if it's you, thanks for the link. If it wasn't you, then why the hell not?!)

:: Here's a charming tale of urban cunning: guy gets coupon for a "free drink" at Starbucks, and wonders just how expensive a drink can be made there. How much does his final tailor-made concoction end up costing? Find out for yourself, and check out his itemized receipt. Just reading this post made my pancreas whimper like a smacked puppy. (via)

:: Not so much weird, but potentially useful for people whose office-cubicle lives are full of dull drudgery: Slate selects the best online games. I haven't played any of them, so I vouch not.

:: Cthulhu Claus, I suppose.

No comments: