Saturday, November 03, 2007

There ain't no "vista", there ain't no "view", and there certainly ain't no vista of no view.!

Shamus tracks the evolution of Windows, from 3.1 to Vista. He seems to be staunchly against Vista, and he has definite reasons for being so. My new laptop runs Vista, actually, while our current desktop machine runs XP. Personally I'm happy with both, although I don't do anything really that gives me reason to be concerned about the memory usage of Vista, so basically, for me my appreciation of Vista boils down to that it looks cool and shiny, and I like cool and shiny. I will note that the infamous "security warnings" in Vista don't bother me all that much; they don't pop up nearly as often as I'd been led to believe, and it seems to me that they pop up once and then don't occur again once a particular program has been cleared.

As an aural companion to Shamus's post, here are all of the Windows start-up sounds to date:



And then there's this, which is another reason why nobody but me is allowed to touch my laptop!



My point? None, really. I just like XP and Vista.

No comments: