Saturday, November 10, 2007

Striker!



Roger has some good linkage relating to the Hollywood writers' strike. SamuraiFrog also has some pithy observations, mostly relating to Michael Eisner, who said something dumb.

Obviously, I support the strike, for whatever that's worth. (I imagine all those picketing writers suddenly letting loose a whoop and holler of delight upon learning that some blogger from Buffalo who gets about 300 hits a day is on their side.) Once you've read William Goldman's books Adventures in the Screen Trade and Which Lie Did I Tell?, you quickly realize that Hollywood management is largely comprised of people who would steal the coins from a dead man's eyes. So yeah, a pox on their house.

Pay your writers, guys. They're why your actors have stuff to say when the camera's pointing at them.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Or some blogger in Albany who gets about 200 hits a day.
But I swear- there are people who've been writing to United Hollywood who either complain about the strike (get back to work!) or seem not to understand it. I thought WGA's laid it out pretty well. The thing I was most upset with them, actually, is when they took the DVD residuals OFF the table.

Roger Owen Green said...

Oh, I hope you've recovered from that exploding head thing. Tosy thinks Spider-Man 3 is the best superhero movie? I haven't seen it, yet I can feel my cerebrum start to shake.