Sunday, February 26, 2006

Responses...we got responses here....

A couple of folks have responded on their own blogs to the meme things I did the other day, and I wanted to highlight the responses:

:: Will Duquette virtually orders me to read the next Miles Vorkosigan book (which is actually the first Miles Vorkosigan book, as the two Miles Vorkosigan books I've already read aren't actually Miles Vorkosigan books -- confused? Yeah, me too...). And since I've had the Young Miles compendium volume on my shelves for quite a while, and since I've been hankering for some space opera goodness lately, I suppose that's what I'll read as soon as I'm done with Fionavar.

(By the way, frequently garish cover art aside, I have to note that Baen Books -- Lois MacMaster Bujold's publisher -- seems to really have its act together, in that they really seem to produce product with the readers in mind.)

:: Kevin at BFLOBlog takes on the actor thing from the other day, but puts a unique twist on it. My only quibble with his cool post is in his identification of a memorable line from The Shawshank Redemption: I think his version of the quote is incomplete. My canonical version isn't when Andy says it, but when Red echoes it a little while later, adding on a second bit: " 'Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'.' That is God-damned right."

No comments: