Monday, December 12, 2005

Water in, water out!

It's been a while since I touted them, so here's a MeFi thread about Neti pots. If you have any kind of sinus troubles, I heartily recommend using one of these gizmos. It took me a few days to get the "head angle" right so as to have the water nicely flow in one nostril and out the other, but once I did, it worked great. I still get the occasional cold, but the relief of literally washing all of the excess mucous and crud out of my nose -- as opposed to constantly blowing my nose, and not that effectively, either -- was heaven-sent, and it might have even helped to cut down on the colds' durations somewhat. Anyhow, I like the Neti pot.

(And since the subject comes up in the MeFi thread, I feel I should note that I have absolutely no experience with these. Just in case anyone was going to ask.)

No comments: