Sunday, December 18, 2005

Sunday Burst of Weirdness

This looks familiar, but I can't remember if I've linked it before and I'm too lazy to search right now, so here it is, either for the first time or not: Cthulhu Carols! Perfect sing-along fun for the whole family!

Rudolph the Red Nosed Cultist
had a few insanities
and if you ever saw him
he'll be chanting with great glee
Cthulhu fthagn Ia - aa
He is sleeping 'neath the foam
as he stared out the window
through the bars where he made his home
Then one foggy moon streaked eve
Cthulhu came to say
Rudolph with your mind so brave
won't you be my eternal slave
then all the other cultists
join Rudolph the mighty high priest
has joined Cthulhu in his lair.


I'd like to hear Burl Ives singing that, no?

(via Dr. Myers)

UPDATE: OK, a two-fer this week, since I spotted this goofy timewaster over at Lynn Sislo's Undervisited Blog. You get to -- well, this is odd -- design your own Hell.

Parents who bring squalling brats to R-rated movies
Circle I Limbo

Oakland Raider Fans
Circle II Whirling in a Dark & Stormy Wind

George Bush
Circle III Mud, Rain, Cold, Hail & Snow

Osama bin Laden
Circle IV Rolling Weights

PETA Members
Circle V Stuck in Mud, Mangled

River Styx

Scientologists
Circle VI Buried for Eternity

River Phlegyas

Republicans, Libertarians
Circle VII Burning Sands

People who make fun of my overalls
Circle IIX Immersed in Excrement

Objectivists
Circle IX Frozen in Ice

Design your own hell



This is NOT meant seriously, in any way, shape or form! If you fall into any of the above categories, I am not suggesting that you're really to be condemned to Hell. (Although I'm still reserving judgement on the folks in those bottom two layers...evil ones, they are....)

No comments: