Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bad team. Bad team. Bad. Not good. Icky, in fact.

As expected, last night the Buffalo Bills managed to make the 2005 season their third ten-loss season in the five years that Tom Donahoe's been in charge. I'll echo the general sentiment that it's time for a change at the top, as I argued last week.

Since the Bills will almost certainly be picking in the Top Ten in the NFL draft next April, I will be most displeased if they don't take the best defensive lineman available in the first round and then two offensive linemen with their next two picks, in whatever rounds those end up. If they fail to do this...well, I'll post mean things about them. And we don't want that, do we?

Oh well. I watched a bit of the Redskins-Cowboys matchup, and if I close my eyes, I flash back to Bills seasons past: "Bledsoe...under pressure...down he goes!" And it seemed like the FOX Sports people showed Gregg Williams (a Redskins assistant coach) a lot more than they showed Joe Gibbs (the 'Skins' head coach). I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Williams as a head coach again next year...with the Jets, perhaps?

And now that the Colts have lost, they can rest their starters so they'll be at full strength for if and when the Stupid Patriots show up in the playoffs, because yesterday the StuPats showed their awesome mettle by beating the Buccaneers at home. That's how you prove your dominance: by winning a December game on a cold and wintry day against a team whose lifetime record in games played outdoors in temperatures under 40 degrees is something like 2-60.

Anyway, next week the Bills play the Bengals, who are still in the playoff "hunt". Chalk up loss number eleven.

No comments: