Thursday, November 17, 2005

Christmas Music, revisited

John posts briefly about his collection of Christmas music, which seems to consist of a dismally small number of CDs. I adore Christmas music, and I started to think about writing a post in which I'd answer John's question about Christmas CD recommendations, but then I thought, "Hmmmm, that sounds like a subject I'm almost certain to have posted about before."

And, wouldn't you know it -- it was in an installment just about a year ago of "Exploring the CD Collection". I do not recommend the Christmas CDs by Mannheim Steamroller, however -- I like Mannheim quite a bit, but for some reason, their Christmas stuff always turned me off, off, off.

There's another CD that I liked, by an indie-artist named Allison Crowe. I reviewed it for GMR, here, and more info about Ms. Crowe can be found here. Her voice took me a little getting used to, but I found her CD Tidings to be a keeper once I did.

No comments: