Thursday, October 27, 2005

Whoa!

OK, I'm still a faithful fan of The Apprentice, in both its current incarnations (although, judging by ratings, I suspect that the Martha Stewart version won't be seeing another season, and I wouldn't bet the house on The Donald returning, either). I've got to babble a bit about tonight's episode, which I'll make hard to read in case any of my readers also watch the show but haven't seen the episode yet.


Wow, he fired four people at once. I have to admit that I found this pretty surprising -- shocking, even. Didn't see it coming. He really made it seem like Jennifer was going to get the heave-ho, but then he suddenly switched and canned everybody. (Jennifer, of course, should have gone last week, when in the course of presenting an ad campaign to a bunch of execs, she couldn't even pronounce the name of the product correctly; Trump gave her another chance for some strange unknown reason -- but I suspect her status as a leggy, pretty blonde had something to do with it.)

However, something like this had to be planned from the show's outset. The number of episodes planned is already set before production starts, but the show seemingly had more contestants participating than could be fired at the rate of one per week. So, clearly, Trump was under orders from the producers that at some point in the course of this season he had to fire multiple people at once. So I should have seen it coming.

And still, I was surprised.

Call me crazy, but I still like The Apprentice -- and believe it or not, I'm rooting for that goofy guy Marcus to go all the way. He's a goof, but somehow lately he's always tossed aside by teams wanting to change personnel -- and then his new team wins. Hmmmmm.


OK, we're done with that.

No comments: