Friday, October 14, 2005

Snif snif snif....

Shakespeare's Sister poses a good question: What movie scenes make you cry? Here are some of mine:

:: When Cary Grant puts two and two together in the last scene of An Affair to Remember. I mist up just thinking about that scene.

:: Ray Kinsella realizes who the guy in the catcher's gear is, at the end of Field of Dreams.

:: Wind In His Hair's shouted farewell to Dances With Wolves in, well, you know.

:: I'm always tearing up during the finale of ET, but my first bit of tears actually comes some time earlier, when ET goes into cardiac arrest and the doctors/scientists break out the defibrilators. The first time they shock him, there's this tight closeup on Drew Barrymore -- and she gives a startled jump when the shock hits, and then she starts to cry.

:: In Close Encounters of the Third Kind, the moment when Gillian Guiler is reunited with little Barry.

(I may amend this post as more scenes occur to me.)

No comments: