Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Open a channel, Uhura.

Sorry for the general silence in these parts the last couple of days, but things are kind of hectic. The Wife has a nice case of strep throat, Little Quinn is scheduled for surgery on Friday morning (to put in ear tubes and to scope out his airway again), and The Daughter is, well, six. So maybe I'll be posting again more regularly soon, but also, maybe not. Light posting may be the rule here for the next week or so, until after Halloween. (I've decided to not take an "official" hiatus next week after all, since I'll most likely want to take one at Christmastime. But the next week figures to be quite busy, and my posting inspiration and/or opportunity will in all likelihood not be consistent.)

So, here's a bit of Lazy Linkage for today.

:: I hate not getting the joke.

:: Kellie has resumed posting, and she has some details on the birth of her son. It was a difficult birth, but the kid is cute. Scroll down to the post dated October 20, and read up.

:: Here's a strong critique of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, that ran in The Buffalo News this past Sunday. It's a fascinating read.

:: Jayme isn't in a good mood. (Just scroll down. He's irritated.)

:: I love stuff like this: guy in a lab says, "Hey, I wonder what happens if I do this!", and what happens is something that might change life.

:: John's exploration of the U2 corpus continues.

All for now. Back tomorrow. Maybe.

No comments: