Monday, October 24, 2005

IMAGE OF THE WEEK

I got a couple of Google referrals the other day for "Nancy and Sluggo", which resulted from the fact that I used "Nancy vs. Sluggo" as a title for a post a while back (about the Buffalo-area political battles between former Erie County controller Nancy Naples and Erie County Executive Joel Giambra). Purely out of curiosity, I went and Google'd Nancy and Sluggo, because I was wondering if that comic strip was still around. And sure enough, it is, although it's kind of disturbingly "updated" to modern times.

But what caught my eye when I found yesterday's installment was in the way the woman who is Nancy's apparent guardian/mother figure is drawn:



Now, as I recall from back when I read Nancy as a kid, Nancy lived with an aunt named Fritzi. Is this Aunt Fritzi? Wow!

No comments: