Sunday, October 02, 2005

Chapters! We got yer chapters here!

We're entering the home-stretch on The Promised King, Book One: The Welcomer, folks. I've just posted Chapter Nineteen, in which the Siege of Bedwyn ends and the Battle of Bedwyn begins, and in which another unexpected battle takes shape at the Giants' Dance. The climax of Book One will play out in the two chapters that are slated to appear in November, with the closing Epilogue to arrive in December. And with that, Book One will draw to a close.

I'm sad to report that my original plan of sliding right into posting the chapters of Book Two come January 2006 will, in all likelihood, not work out as such, as I have not completed the rough draft of Book Two yet, much less started the polishing work. But I'm getting back into that, this week: first I'll be re-reading the entire story up to my current point of stoppage (kind of a refresher course for myself), and then I plan to start writing again. It's been too damned long.

Anyway, go have a look at Chapter Nineteen, and also catch up on the previous chapters that you may have missed -- they're all there, linked in all their glory in the sidebar.

(And as always, I am anchoring this post at the top of this page for the duration of Sunday. Scroll down for newer content.)

UPDATE: It's a really nice "Indian Summer" kind of day, and there's other stuff I want to do, so look for Sentential Links and the Image of the Week tomorrow evening. (Both of those features tend to be time-consuming by way of the amount of surfing the Interweb involved, and I'd rather read the paper and the like.)

No comments: