Thursday, September 22, 2005

Bloggin' the Donald

OK, I'm not live-blogging the Donald Trump edition of The Apprentice, mainly because the show ended fifteen minutes ago. (The fact that I'm blogging right at this moment tells you how compelling I'm finding the season premiere of ER, in progress. This show's long slide from weekly thrill ride with great characters to "meh" show with boring characters is really sad to behold. It's been downhill ever since that helicopter landed on Dr. Romano's head, and God almighty, I could not conceivably care less than I do now about Sam and her kid.)

Anyway, I liked how, after rolling out the first assignment to the teams, Trump then made them engage in a footrace across his country club to his helicopter. That was pretty funny, watching these business-types in their nice clothes running across a golf course like it's the Olympics. Since it's so early in the season, I don't have a favorite "candidate" yet. But really, the main reason I watch The Apprentice is slowly becoming clear: Carolyn Kepcher is just freaking beautiful:



And she's apparently smart as a whip, with an exceedingly well-honed BS detector. Yeah, she'd kick my ass within ten minutes of meeting me. But I can dream, can't I?

UPDATE: My God, this episode of ER is a steaming bowl of rancid sewage. If this is going to be the tone of the whole season, that new FBI-profiling show on CBS is gonna have itself a viewer. And do the producers really need to make it seem like everything between Chicago and Denver is fifteen hundred miles of hick wilderness? According to ER, Davenport, Iowa is a ho-hum town with a hospital the size of a large McDonald's. The reality is a city of just under 100,000 people. I know they can't just send a camera crew to Davenport for a location shoot, but they can at least try to be convincing with the locations they do use. (But then, TV producers are constantly screwing up Iowa. I remember an episode of The X-Files that tried passing off a mountain lake in British Columbia as Lake Okoboji. Now, Iowa's not totally flat, but it ain't surrounded by mountains covered with magnificent pines, either.)

No comments: