Sunday, August 28, 2005

IMAGE OF THE WEEK

I haven't freeloaded off the Government's bandwidth in some time, so here I go again, freely filching from NASA. Apparently some new observations have astronomers increasingly suspecting that the Milky Way Galaxy isn't a pure spiral galaxy, but rather a barred spiral, like this:



Of course, lots of people in the United States have a different spiral-shaped natural entity on their minds right now:

Hurricane Katrina

I don't know if I have any readers in the line of fire of this thing, but if I do, my thoughts are with you all. (And the non-readers, too.) My understanding is that a storm of this magnitude directly impacting New Orleans could be a natural disaster of stunning proportions. Keep well, and if you're still there, get out!!!

No comments: