Saturday, April 02, 2005

Me Ho, you Jane?

I confess that even though I consider myself a good liberal, I've never much liked Jane Fonda. I've enjoyed a few of her performances -- Nine to Five, mostly, although they could have cast anyone in that third-wheel of a role, seeing as how Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton are pretty much the whole show (well, them and Dabney Coleman) and On Golden Pond, pretty much -- but as my dislike of her basically stems from those annoying workout videos of hers, the fact that she appointed herself head-cheerleader when the Atlanta Braves (for a short while the Greatest Force for Evil in American Sports, before that title went back to the Dallas Cowboys and thence to the New England Stupid Patriots) were beating my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates two damn years in a row in the National League Championship Series, and that little jaunt she took to North Vietnam. Granted, I was all of two or something when she did that, but it's not one of those things that has a statute of limitations, you know?

All of which is preamble to linking this purported index to Ms. Fonda's upcoming book, which I found hilarious. Check it out. Link via BookSlut.

No comments: