Saturday, February 12, 2005

New Month, Same Old Masthead....

Alert readers will certainly have noticed that I have yet to switch masthead images for February. I had every intention of doing so -- the next masthead is already selected -- but I just don't want to pull the trigger just yet, because I find the current one so amazingly beautiful. I don't know what it is -- the woman's eyes, her pose, that blade of grass in her fingers, or her long, thick red hair. I also find myself wondering about the subject of the painting herself -- what was her story? Where was she from? Did she know the artist, or did he happen to spot her while walking in the country one day and ask her to pose for him? What sort of life did she lead, and are there any of her descendents out there, looking with amazement upon this painting of their great-grandmother?

I'll change sooner or later -- maybe in March -- but I'm not going to like doing it.

No comments: