Sunday, September 05, 2004

DIVERSE METHODS of preparing CHICKENS for HUMAN CONSUMPTION.

In the course of preparing some chicken thighs for tonight's dinner, I remembered that I had posted my method of doing this in March 2003, and I figured it's worth reposting, in the event that any of my readers wants an incredibly easy way to prepare chicken. Here's the text of that post:

If you're anything like me, you've got a crapload of chicken in your freezer. Despite the approzimately eight billion ways of cooking chicken that have been invented since the beginning of time, chicken still gets pretty boring after a while.

Anyway, if you have to cook some chicken and you want a fast recipe that makes for some really flavorful eating, just marinate your chicken for several hours in equal parts honey, soy sauce and sesame oil. How much marinade you make will depend on how much chicken you use -- for a couple of good-sized pieces, I typically use one-quarter cup each. Just whisk those three things together, and soak the chicken in it before baking or grilling. Use the remainder to baste the chicken while it's cooking. Easy, and delicious.

(Oh, and don't salt your chicken at all. The soy sauce will make it plenty salty enough.)


Enjoy!

No comments: