Thursday, May 06, 2004

Weird searches! We got yer weird searches here!

For some reason, the rate of really strange searches leading people to Byzantium's Shores has spiked over the last week or two. I don't know why this should be the case, but it is. Maybe Blogistan's water is affected, or something.

First of all, I don't really know what kinds of foods Uther Pendragon ate, although given the Dark Ages/Medieval period in which he lived, I would assume that chili con carne was not a staple in his diet. Probably a lot of grainy bread, gruel, porridge, tough and gamey meat, and lots and lots of ale. Unless he was a vegetarian.

Second, well, isn't it pretty obvious how you dissect a cow's heart? You got a heart, you got a scalpel, you got yourself some good fun dissectin'! (Although, for my money, the cow's eyeball was a lot more interesting to dissect.)

Third, I must admit that Star Trek's Lieutenant Saavik (a criminally underused character if there ever was one, in any franchise) never struck me as the kind of person to play baseball at Starfleet Academy. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Finally, I'm in the midst of one of my "Annabel Lee" traffic spikes, when I suddenly start seeing tons of Google hits from people looking for info on Poe's poem. To any of those who might be also reading this, I hope what I wrote about that poem helps, but it should in no way be taken to be the work of any kind of scholar. In short, don't base your term paper on what I say. If you want to base your term paper on something of mine, go for my Star Wars, Star Trek, or James Bond stuff. You'll be on a lot safer ground, believe me.

No comments: