For more information on my writing, please visit my official author website!
ForgottenStars.net

Sunday, May 09, 2004

The things we do to women....

....especially when they're dressed as giant bratwursts.

It seems that, in a sad coda to the most notable (and notorious) incident involving the Pittsburgh Pirates and a baseball field in the last, oh, twelve years, the woman who was attacked by a Pirates player while running the Milwaukee Brewers' sausage race has retired from competitive, er, sausage-racing.

ESPN's headline to this story, as of this writing, is the entirely appropriate -- if journalistically disastrous -- "Frank (Go No) Furter". I am NOT making this up. And as always happens when I use the word "sausage" more than twice in a single blog post, I am now thirsty for a beer. If you'll excuse me....

No comments: