Sunday, May 02, 2004

Obligatory Traffic-Babbling

As is my habit at the start of each new month, I drone on a bit here about the traffic at Byzantium's Shores from last month. Because, you know, I could accurately use for this blog the tagline "Now with even more navel-gazing!"

April of 2004 was the fourth-highest month yet for traffic here. The record is still held by January; since then, hits have trailed off by about a hundred or so each month until April, when there was a slightly sharper drop. This was no doubt due to the fact that I took a week-long hiatus. I draw encouragement from the fact that the month's highest single day, in terms of hits, came a couple of days after I returned to posting, which I choose to interpret as the screaming hordes scrambling at the gates to get back in. Or something like that.

April also saw yet another failed attempt by me to score a link from the elusive Atrios, after I e-mailed him the news of Buffalo Congressman Jack Quinn's impending departure, which raises the possibility of a Democratic pick-up in the House. Every few months I poke Atrios with a stick, to no avail. C'est la vie!

And finally, I note that the fact that traffic didn't drop like a stone into the Marianas Trench after I posted my head shot at left means that I do not actually look like an axe-murderer, as some future subjects of a Chick Tract would have you believe. I win!

On with the show!

UPDATE: I have just been notified, on the Bright Weavings message boards, that I look like a hippie. I'll take that over the axe-murderer.

No comments: