Elen sila lumenn omentielvo!

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Move Over Britney!

It's been a little while since I added to the Lexicon of Women Who Suffer Not In Comparison To the Useless Britney. So here's an actress I encountered on ER this year, and whose work I have admired even though I haven't much liked her character: Parminder Nagra



I also liked this image, which is apparently a publicity still or something from Ms. Nagra's appearance in the film Bend It Like Beckham:



The combination of long hair, traditional Indian garb, and the action of kicking a soccer ball (or whatever that particular movement of ball-handling is called) really struck me. I wouldn't mind having a poster of this picture, actually.

Since I'm on the subject of an Indian actress, I should mention that I watched a fascinating story on the Bollywood phenomenon on CBS Sunday Morning a week or two ago. I find the idea of Bollywood movies interesting, and I have one on request from the library for further inspection. (Lagaan, I think the title is.)

Plus, I think that Indian women are among the most beautiful women in the world. That counts for something.

No comments: