Saturday, May 29, 2004

Hey! Do we even have a highlight reel anymore?

It appears that this year's most memorable moment for the Pittsburgh Pirates came last night, when Rob Mackowiak hit a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the ninth, just hours after his wife gave birth to their first child. Quite a day, that -- although I do wonder about the conversation that must have taken place, something along the lines of, "Oh my God, honey, he is so beautiful, and I love you so much, and....damn, I'm gonna be late for batting practice!"

Speaking of baseball stuff, one of the more baseball-knowledgable fellows I knew in college (as well as a hell of a bass player), Mark Cuthbertson, has launched a separate LiveJournal just for his baseball musings, Stat Ninja. Hopefully at some point Mark will explain why he is seemingly a Royals fan, and yet sports the old Minnesota Twins insignia in the sidebar of his main journal. (Mark was always a complex fellow.)

No comments: