Friday, April 09, 2004

Burst of Weirdness

I was doing a routine sweep of the "Nature's Market" section of The Store the other day. That's where all the "Natural" and "Organic" stuff is, as well as the gonzo health products that you'd typically find at a GNC store. (By "routine sweep", I mean exactly that: I was toting a broom.)

I glanced at the health product shelves, and my eyes fell upon an item that has to have the most questionable name for a medical product I've ever seen. Now, upon further review, it's an "energy booster", so the name sort-of makes sense on that basis, but it amazes me when people who name things seem to have never been in junior high. The product? Up Your Gas!



From the site selling this stuff: "So the time you feel yourself yourself running out os gas, reach up for Up Your Gas!"

Now, is it just me, or does this call to mind not the idea of suddenly getting a nice boost of energy, but rather that one scene in Blazing Saddles? The scene with the cowboys eating beans?

No comments: