Sunday, March 28, 2004

Striking a blow....

I'm not sure if this works, but I saw it over on Nathan Newman's blog, and I figured if I can help it along by linking it, why not. It's a site that is nothing more than a gigantic collection of bogus e-mail addresses, intended to gum up spambots. Spam hasn't been that big of an issue for me, especially since I switched to EarthLink as my primary ISP, but it's still annoying.

(I do, though, have to grudgingly admit a bit of admiration for whoever generated one spam message that showed up in my Hotmail inbox yesterday. Like everyone else, I've watched as spammers come up with nifty spellings of sexual organs in order to get past the filters, such as "Ma.ke yer pen.!s b!ggur!" Anyway, as a lover of words, I have to be honest and admit that "Bulkify your member!" is a pretty clever construction.)

No comments: