Sunday, February 08, 2004

A Suggestion for scientific study

I think that some scientist should identify just why it is that Heavy Metal, which I watched a few nights ago, is incredibly bad if one starts watching it sober, but gets better and better and better until it's the greatest cinematic journey since Lawrence of Arabia if one drinks beer during the screening at the rate of one 12 oz. beer every fifteen minutes.

I mean, the movie's just dorky as hell, but if one drinks enough while watching it, it slowly becomes endearing -- and when the space ship that's shaped like the 1970s "Have a nice day!" happy face shows up, well, at that point you just kind of sit back and grin -- which happens to be what the two stoner-aliens piloting that spaceship do at that point, as well. And when Tarna shows up....geez, just thinking about it makes me want to crack open a beer. And I'm writing this on Sunday morning.

No comments: