Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Cliches I don't understand, #48

Last night on American Idol, Simon Cowell trotted out this old chestnut in critiquing one of the participants: "It's like Chinese food -- I love it, but then I'm hungry again an hour later." I don't understand this. Whenever we spring for Chinese here, it's usually for dinner, and I can't begin to contemplate eating again until breakfast the next morning.

As for the show itself, well, I seem to have no feel whatsoever for what's going on this season. First they eliminated "Scooter Girl" last week, who struck me as an incredible weirdo when she first appeared but who quickly grew on me; then the judges continually gush over Fantasia, who I admit has undeniable presence but who also has yet to sing a song that I like, so I don't feel that I can judge her yet; and tonight, the hot blonde who did a torch-song rendition of "Orange Colored Sky" didn't get voted to the next round. Color me baffled.

No comments: