Monday, February 16, 2004

Anakin turns into WHO, now?!

TF.N has performed the helpful task, for those of us who claim we'd like to remain "spoiler-free" but have less backbone than that, of gathering every factoid about Episode III that has been officially leaked by Lucasfilm people.

My favorites are that Palpatine apparently has a really cool line that many people will want to use as their E-mail signature, and that Darth Vader does not use any of the buttons on his chestplate. I always wondered what those buttons did -- I mean, they're probably part of his life-support apparatus, but it doesn't seem to me he'd want the buttons controlling the device that keeps him alive in such a prominent place, right? I imagine a scene in the duel with Luke in The Empire Strikes Back, in which Vader is basically beating the crap out of Luke, but then Luke says, "Oh, yeah?" and reaches forward and clicks one of those buttons. And then Vader stands there flailing because he can't breathe....nah, that can't be it. Maybe they activate the self-polishing mechanism of his helmet? I mean, it was always so shiny -- is there no dust in the Star Wars universe?

No comments: