Sunday, January 04, 2004

It's MY line anyway, dammit!

Sara Donati points out a website devoted to saving ABC's improv comedy show, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, from cancellation. I have to admit that I was very surprised ABC canned the show, since it can't be that expensive a production to mount (they couldn't even spring for new props for the "Props" game!), and since ABC's track record at developing shows in recent years is pretty abysmal, Whose Line gave them something they could plug into their schedule as needed. But then, I don't pay much attention to ABC, so maybe they've turned things around over there and thus don't need a cheaply-done comedy sketch show. Oh, well -- but a pity, because I always enjoyed Whose Line, even if I thought that in its last year or two the cast started to get a bit repetitive, something which also plagued the original British version that I used to watch on Comedy Central (which was starting to become The Tony Slattery Show, with supporting players).

Anyway, if you're a Whose Line fan, give the site a look. I'm generally skeptical of these "Save our show!" types of sites, since in my experience they tend to fail miserably (look what happened to Millennium and Once and Again, for starters).

No comments: