Monday, December 01, 2003

Oh, come ON!

So I'm blogging this morning over coffee and with The Today Show droning on in the background, because the Kid isn't up yet. And Today does a segment on last night's Showtime telecast of that TV movie about Ronald Reagan. Katie Couric says something like this: "After the controversy surrounding The Reagans, the film aired last night. Was it a fair portrayal of the Reagans? We'll talk to our expert...(oh Lord)...Peggy Noonan!"

Gee, I wonder what Peggy Noonan is going to say about a movie that takes any position on Ronald Reagan other than "the greatest American ever!". Hmmmm, let me think.

Luckily for me, the unsinkable Peggy was barely ten seconds into her interview before she did that trademark cocking-of-her-head and used the phrase "liberal propaganda". And with that, my thumb descended upon the "Channel" button on the remote.

No comments: