Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Writing notes:

:: My "Snow White" story, the one that took me only a week to write, has now been rejected by its second market. Oh, joy. Apparently it "didn't stand out" (that's the reason they highlighted on the rejection letter, of all the ones listed as possible explanations). My immediate reaction was to get indignant and tell myself that it damn well does too stand out, and they're a bunch of pinheads who don't know anything, yada yada yada. But then, I remember that I still love that particular magazine. Hell, I'm still mad at them. I know my story's better than a lot of stuff they've published. Harumph. Editors! You can't live with 'em…pass the Beer Nuts.

:: I haven't been particularly good at making my thousand-words-per-day goal over the last week or so on the Novel-in-Progress, but that should change now. Some nagging details have resolved themselves, and I'm starting to move out of the novel's "set-up" chapters and into the "red meat" chapters. Or something like that.

No comments: