Monday, September 29, 2003

Search Engine Follies

Some funky stuff noticed lately on the referrals:

:: I am currently Number Seven on Anti-President Bush journals on Google. Now, "Anti-Bush" is a pretty good summation of my political stance, but that's far from my focus here. My blogroll's loaded with folks a lot more interesting in that regard.

:: Yes, I am a Pittsburgh Pirates fan. But no, I do not know the answer to this. Nor, quite frankly, do I care. (McClatchy is the Pirates' owner.)

:: Apropos of my recent posting antics, someone arrived here the other day via this search. I'm sorry I can't provide what's being sought here, but if you want to see a blogger flailing, well, this is the place for you!

:: Just as an experiment: I've been curious as to how long it takes Google to find pages and put them in its database. So, I'm going to stick a weird phrase here and see how long it takes Byzantium's Shores to show up in Google's search results for that phrase. And the weird phrase is..."Armadilloes love vanilla frosting". Start your clocks, now! (Yes, I'm bored.)

No comments: