Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Return of the Jedi King

Yeah, I watched it last night. It took a while to load on my dial-up, but I just wrote while it loaded. Simple.

Anyway, I can't really say that the trailer made me drool any more than I'm already drooling over the movie. It is the one film coming out this winter that is an absolute must, as far as I am concerned. But first, I've read the book many times so I know how the story ends; and second, based on the first two movies, I pretty much know what this one's going to look like. This movie is pre-sold, so the trailer was just a nifty tidbit to me.

While I was loading it, I used the little slide-bar thingie to look at specific shots, and at one point I felt a bit of consternation over what appeared to be Elrond pulling a knife on Aragorn; this had me imagining a "Stay away from my daughter, you mortal dog!" kind of thing. Luckily, when I played the actual trailer, this scene turns out to be Elrond giving Narsil to Aragorn. That I can deal with (even if it's not at all the way it goes in the book).

No comments: