Wednesday, September 03, 2003

My current form of blog-based depression is counting the days until the brand-new group-run liberal blog Corrente exceeds my own hit-count. They're about two weeks old, and as of this writing they're about halfway to my hit-total. Aieee!!

Corrente is run by the folks who stood in recently for Atrios, and thus they enter the fray with a pretty-much built-in audience (as well as helpful pointers from Atrios himself). Judging by their apprenticeship over on Eschaton, I think they have some work to do in developing their own voice. It seemed a bit like they were mildly torn between echoing Atrios's tone and doing their own thing; hopefully now that they're on their own, they will gravitate toward the latter.

In other traffic-related babbling, my four-day hiatus last week was enough to send me plummeting through the Ecosystem, where I had been a marsupial but am now once again a flappy bird. I've started the upward climb again, though. And, as long as you find folks keep on visiting, I may hit 20,000 hits by the end of the week.

And finally, a fine lefty-blog that I've visited sporadically for a while, PLA by Dwight Meredith, is apparently now closed for business. I occasionally show no shame whatsoever in link-whoring in this space, so all you folks who have been linking PLA and are now looking for someone else to link, well....

No comments: