Tuesday, September 16, 2003

If this annoys you, press one.

Sean points out a Dave Barry-inspired turnabout on the telemarketers. I found this hilarious. I've written before that generally I don't hold with being mean to the actual telemarketer making the call, for various reasons (I simply have stopped answering the phone, which isn't that big a sacrifice for me since I've never liked talking on the phone). But this prank actually posed a significant inconvenience to the actual Telemarketing Association, which is great. Mr. Barry said, "They have phones like the rest of us have phones. Their attitude seems to be if you have a phone, people are allowed to call you."

It's always fun when people realize that the blade they've been using to cut someone else actually has two edges and cuts both ways, isn't it?

No comments: