Monday, August 04, 2003

I'm pretty sure I've plugged this before, but Realms of Fantasy has one of the best services for writers I've ever seen: the online slush list, so you can actually check to see if the slush reader for the magazine has read your story. Wow. (My current submission has not yet been read, obviously, because it is of such staggering quality it will sail right through to the Editor's desk. Hear me roar!)

Also, from the FAQ in this page, Carina -- the ROF slush reader -- writes that she doesn't mind multiple submissions:

I've been getting this question a lot recently and so decided to add it to the F.A.Q. You can send as many stories to me as you like, even in the same envelope, provided THERE IS A SASE FOR EVERY STORY! The reason for this is because stories are often separated. I might reject one, sending it home to you, but want the other one to go to Shawna for possible publication. She's going to need her own method of contacting and/or rejecting you. So send away!


That is helpful information.

No comments: