Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Rush Limbaugh will be doing NFL commentary on ESPN this fall. Well, OK. I'd get worked up about it, but I don't really have a problem with it, especially since I don't have cable and thus don't watch ESPN anyway. I do recall that, years ago when I worked as an office temp in a college admissions office under a supervisor who insisted on listening to him every day, he'd occasionally break off his political stuff to talk a little bit about football, and I recall thinking, "I'd probably like this guy if he'd do sports and nothing else." So, fine. Give him a shot. Doesn't bother me.

And once I was watching his abortion of a TV show -- you know, the one where he said "There's a White House dog too" and held up a picture of Chelsea Clinton -- and he did one football-related humor bit that I found funny. (Yes, just one.) This was when the main charge against President Clinton was that he was a waffler who constantly spoke from both sides of his mouth. Limbaugh held up a list of the week's NFL games, with what he said were Clinton's picks for the week circled. Every team was circled. I thought that was funny.

(Yeah, Limbaugh is almost never funny. But as Ian Fleming once wrote, "You cannot sow a million seeds without reaping one potato.")

No comments: